ORGANISATIONS (CONTROL OF ASSISTANCE) ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
3. Authorisation of public officers to assist Registrar
4. Prohibition of certain forms of assistance
6. Application to High Court to invoke penalties
7. Effect of order under section 6
8. Recovery of amount ordered to be paid
9. Evidence and information
11. Legal proceedings
to regulate the giving of assistance to organisations by foreign governments; to create offences in relation thereto; and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
[22nd April, 1966]
Act 11 of 1966,
Act 13 of 1994.
This Act may be cited as the Organisations (Control of Assistance) Act.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“assistance” means assistance in the form of cash, gifts, loans, donations, property, travel vouchers or tickets:
Provided that the President may declare any form of assistance to be excluded from the operation of this definition;
“foreign government” means—
(a) a government other than the Government;
(b) any international body or agency;
and any other association or organisation declared by the President to be a foreign government for the purposes of this Act;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.