ZAMBIA YOUTH SERVICE ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
3. Appointment and powers of Director
4. Appointment of Board
5. Tenure of office of Board
6. Remuneration of members, etc.
8. Chief office and branch offices of Board
9. Procedure of Board
10. Member to declare connection with companies and firms dealing with Board
12. Functions of Board
14. Secondment of public officer
15. Funds of Board
16. Payment into bank
17. Investments and loans to staff
18. Accounts and audit
19. Annual report
20. Exemption of Board
21. Directions of Minister
23. Validity of contracts made before establishment of Board
to establish and provide for the constitution of a Zambia Youth Service Board; to specify the functions of the Board; to regulate its proceedings and to make provision for matters relating to its finances; to provide for the appointment of a Director of the Zambia Youth Service; and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
[28th August, 1964]
Act 39 of 1964,
Act 37 of 1970,
GN 497 of 1964.
This Act may be cited as the Zambia Youth Service Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“Board” means the Zambia Youth Service Board established under section 4;
“Chairman” means the Chairman of the Board;
“Deputy Chairman” means the Deputy Chairman of the Board;
“Director” means the Director of the Zambia Youth Service appointed under section 3;
“functions” includes powers and duties;
“member” means a member of the Board;
“members of the Service” means persons recruited to and undergoing education and training in the service;
“Service” means the Zambia Youth Service.
(1) The Minister shall appoint a Director of the Zambia Youth Service who shall have executive control of the Service and shall perform such functions as the Board may from time to time determine.
(2) In the event of the Director being absent for any cause whatsoever, the Board may appoint a person to act as Director during such period of absence and the person so acting shall perform the functions of the Director provided for by or under this Act.
(3) The Director shall be paid such salary and allowances out of the funds of the Service as the Minister may from time to time approve.
(1) There is hereby established a Board which shall be known as the Zambia Youth Service Board.
(2) The Board shall consist of the Director and six other members appointed by the Minister.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.