NATIONAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
NATIONAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
3. Establishment of council
4. Seal of council
5. Composition of council
6. Tenure of office
7. Filling of casual vacancy
8. Functions of council
9. Proceedings of council
10. Committees of council
11. Disclosure of interest
12. Immunity of members and staff
13. Secretary and other staff
14. Prohibition of publication or disclosure of information to unauthorised persons
REGISTRATION OF YOUTH ORGANISATIONS
15. Registration of youth organisations
16. Application for registration
17. Grounds for refusing to register youth organisation
18. Cancellation of registration
19. Notification of grounds
21. Funds of council
22. Financial year
24. Power to call for accounts
25. Annual report
26. Independence of youth organisations
27. Appeals to Minister
28. Dissolution of youth organisation
29. Vesting of property in council
to establish the National Youth Development Council; to define the functions and powers of the council; to provide for the registration of youth organisations; and to provide for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
[21st April, 1986]
Act 7 of 1986,
Act 13 of 1994.
This Act may be cited as the National Youth Development Council Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“Chairman” means the person appointed Chairman of the council under section 5;
“Commissioner” means the Commissioner of Youth in the Ministry responsible for youth affairs;
“council” means the National Youth Development Council established by section 3;
“Member” means a member of the council;
“Secretary” means the person appointed Secretary of the council under section 13;
“Vice-Chairman” means the person appointed Vice-Chairman of the council under section 5.
NATIONAL YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
There is hereby established the National Youth Development Council which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal, capable of suing and of being sued in its corporate name, and with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to do all such acts and things as a body corporate may by law do or perform.
(1) The seal of the council shall be such device as may be determined by the council and shall be kept by the Secretary.
(2) The council may use a wafer or rubber stamp in lieu of the seal.
(3) The affixing of the seal shall be authenticated by the Chairman or the Vice-Chairman and the Secretary or one other person authorised in that behalf by the council.
(4) Any contract or instrument which, if entered into or executed by a person not being a body corporate, would not be required to be under seal, may be entered into or executed without seal on behalf of the council by the Secretary or any other person authorised in that behalf by the council.
(5) Any document purporting to be a document under the seal of the council or issued on behalf of the council shall be received in evidence and shall be deemed to be a document so executed or issued, as the case may be, without further proof, unless the contrary is proved.
(1) The council shall be composed of—
(a) the Director of Youths;
(b) twenty-two representative members appointed by the Minister, of whom—
(i) not more than four shall be public officers;
(ii) not more than twelve shall be persons from various youth organisations;
(iii) not more than three shall be persons from various organisations interested in youth development; and
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.