Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
APPOINTMENT OF SHERIFFS AND OTHER OFFICERS
3. Appointment of Sheriff, Deputy Sheriffs, etc
4. Appointment of bailiffs
5. Declaration and security by bailiffs
6. Local limits of bailiwicks
DUTIES, ETC., OF SHERIFFS AND OTHER OFFICERS
7. Duties of Sheriff
8. Duties of Deputy Sheriffs
9. Duties of Assistant Sheriffs
10. Duties of Under-Sheriff
11. Duties of bailiff
12. Sheriffs, etc., to be officers of court
13. Delegation of duties
14. Indemnity to Sheriff
15. Protection of officers selling goods, etc.
18. Saving of existing appointments
19. Validation of certain acts
to make provision for the appointment of Sheriffs and other officers; to set out their respective powers and duties and the manner of the exercise thereof; and to provide for matters incidental to or connected with the foregoing.
[7th November, 1960]
Act 28 of 1960,
Act 57 of 1964,
Act 7 of 1979,
Act 3 of 1989.
GN 303 of 1964,
GN 497 of 1964.
This Act may be cited as the Sheriffs Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“bailiwick” means an area specified under the provisions of section 6;
“court” means the High Court and a subordinate court;
“judgement debtor” means a person liable under a judgment;
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.