DAY NURSERIES (REPEAL) ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
3. Repeal of Cap 313
4. Legal proceedings
to repeal the Day Nurseries Act.
[18th April, 2011]
Act 11 of 2011.
This Act may be cited as the Day Nurseries (Repeal) Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“repealed Act” means the Day Nurseries Act, 1957.
(1) The Day Nurseries Act, 1957, is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding sub-section (1), a certificate of registration issued under the repealed Act shall be valid for a period of six months after which the holder thereof shall apply for registration in accordance with the provisions of the Education Act, 2011.
(3) Notwithstanding sub-section (1), any existing rights conferred on a person under the repealed Act shall continue to be held by the person as if conferred under the Education Act, 2011, and for the purposes of the Education Act, 2011.
(1) Any legal proceedings pending immediately before the publication of this Act by or against a local authority may be continued by or against the Government.
(2) After the publication of this Act, proceedings in respect of any right, liability or obligation which was vested in, held, enjoyed, incurred or suffered by a local authority, may be instituted by or against the Government.