ANIMAL HEALTH ACT 2010: SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
INDEX TO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
Arrangements of Paragraphs
3. Declaration of livestock cleansing areas
4. Cleansing interval for livestock
This Order may be cited as the Animal Health (Livestock Cleansing) Order, 2014.
In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires-
"cleanse" means maintaining livestock free from tick infestation by using an effective destroying agent, submerging it in a dipping tank, hand dressing (pour-on, tick grease) or spraying; and
"livestock" has the meaning assigned to it in the Act.
(1) The areas specified in the Schedule are declared livestock cleansing areas.
(2) An owner of livestock in a livestock cleansing area shall undertake cleansing of livestock infested with 10 or more ticks.
(1) Subject to of section 42 of the Act, the cleansing of livestock shall be undertaken at regular intervals as specified in this Order.
(2) The interval of cleansing shall be once every 14 days from 1st June to 31st October and every seven days from 1st November to 31 st May.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.