CHAPTER 170 – THE NATIONAL ARTS COUNCIL OF ZAMBIA REGULATIONS: SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
INDEX TO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
Arrangement of Regulations
3. Cultural officers
4. Suspended registered body
5. Books of account
6. Register of Members
7. Contracts of service
9. Application for affiliation
10. Administrative and scrutiny charge
SI 128 of 1995.
[Regulations by the Minister]
These Regulations may be cited as the National Arts Council of Zambia Regulations.
(1) A member of the Council or of any committee established under the Act shall be paid the allowances set out in the First Schedule for each sitting.
(2) The allowances referred to in sub-regulation (1) shall be paid from the funds of the Council and shall accrue to each member with effect from the date of appointment as member.
(1) The Department of Cultural Services shall recruit, as cultural officers, persons who are professionally qualified and competent in various specialised aspects of the arts.
(2) The role of a cultural officer shall be to–
(a) complement the efforts of the Council in carrying out its functions under the Act; and
(b) provide such necessary data and information on all aspects of the arts as may be required by the Council and facilitate research into the arts.
(3) A provincial cultural officer shall facilitate the work of the Council in the provinces where provincial arts advisory committees have not been established, and after these committees have been established, the provincial cultural officers shall become ex-official members of the committee.
(1) Where an executive committee of a registered body is suspended, the Council shall immediately appoint, in writing, an interim committee to take over the management of the registered body so suspended.
(2) The chairman of the interim committee shall be a member of the Council, but shall not be a member of the Executive Committee of the registered body suspended.
(3) The Council shall prescribe in the appointment the powers of the interim committee and duration of the appointment.
(1) A registered body shall keep and maintain such books of account as shall be necessary to maintain correct records of all its financial matters, so as to enable auditors to audit the books.
A registered body shall keep and maintain a register containing information relating to all its members and affiliated members and the register shall be available for inspection by the Council.
A registered body shall send, for approval by the Council, draft contracts of service of professional artists in its specialised art form.
(1) A registered body shall, with the approval of the Council, determine the manner in which national or representative arts groups shall represent Zambia on tours or at international gatherings.
(2) A registered body shall apply to the Council for any financial assistance, or otherwise, for a national or representative arts group to undertake any artistic activity within or outside Zambia.
(3) An application under sub-regulation (2) shall be lodged with the Council at the beginning of each year and shall outline the financial requirements of the registered body for that year.
(1) An associate body other than a provincial arts advisory committee shall apply to the Council for affiliation in the form prescribed in the Second Schedule.
(2) An associate body shall when applying for affiliation pay the affiliation fees prescribed in the Third Schedule.
Every associate body making an application under sub-regulation (1) of regulation 10 shall pay an administrative and scrutiny charge prescribed in the Fourth Schedule.
[Regulation 2 (1)]
Allowances per sitting
[Regulation 9 (1)]
National Arts Council of Zambia
Application for affiliation as associate body
1. We hereby apply for affiliation as an associate body of: (full names of institutional arts association) ............................................
2. Full address, telephone and tele numbers ............................
3. Founded: (Day, Month and Year) ..............................................
4. We attach hereto the following documents–
(a) two copies of the current constitution of the association;
(b) A memorandum duly signed by the Chairman and the Secretary giving the following–
(i) full names and addresses of the office-bearers;
(ii) the funds available and sources of revenue;
(c) list of names and addresses of any arts institutions or organisations already affiliated to;
(d) minutes of the previous meeting at which the association resolved to apply for affiliation.
Full name: .......................
Full name: ................
Date of application: ...............
[(Regulation 9 (2)]
Universities and Colleges
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.