CONSTITUTION OF ZAMBIA ACT (2016)
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title
3. Amendment of Constitution of Zambia Act, 1991, and Schedule thereto
4. Commencement of Constitution as amended
5. Printing and publication of Constitution
6. Existing laws
8. Prerogative of mercy
9. Rights, duties and obligations of Government
10. Succession of institutions, offices, assets and liabilities
11. Existing offices
12. Pensions, gratuities and other benefits
16. Judicial and tribunal proceedings and pending matters
17. Local government
18. Political parties
21. Transitional provisions
to provide for the printing and publication of the Constitution; to provide for the savings and transitional provisions of existing State organs, State institutions, administrations, offices, institutions and laws; to provide for the savings of succession to assets, rights, liabilities, obligations and legal proceedings; and to provide for matters connected with, or incidental to, the foregoing.
[5th January, 2016]
Act 1 of 2016.
This Act may be cited as the Constitution of Zambia Act.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
“Constitution” means the Constitution of Zambia, 1991, in force immediately before the effective date;
“effective date” means the date of the commencement of this Act and the Constitution as amended as provided in section 4; and
“existing laws” means the Laws of Zambia as they exist immediately before the effective date, including any statutory instrument issued or made before that date which is to come into force on, or after, the effective date.
(2) Except where the context otherwise requires, words and expressions used in this Act have the same meaning as in the Constitution as amended.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.