NARCOTIC DRUGS AND PSYCHOTROPIC SUBSTANCES: SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
INDEX TO SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION
[RETAINED AS PER SECTION 15 OF THE INTERPRETATION AND GENERAL PROVISIONS ACT]
Arrangement of Rules
4. Establishment of Staff Board
5. Functions of the Board
6. Special consideration
7. Appointment of special agents
8. Impersonation and procurement of special agent
9. Duties of a special agent
10. Controlled delivery investigation
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
11. Disclosure of commission secrets
12. Offences against discipline
13. Effect of criminal offences by commission officers
14. Punishment for disciplinary offences
15. Command structure
16. Operational departments and units
18. Application of General Orders, etc.
SI 51 of 1994.
[Rules by the Commissioner]
These Rules may be cited as the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Drug Enforcement Commission) (Staff) Rules.
In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires–
"command structure" means the command structure set out in rule 15;
"disciplinary authority" means the Commissioner;
"officer" means support staff and a person appointed under subsection (1) of section 4 of the First Schedule to the Act.
"responsible officer" means the Commissioner;
"board" means the Staff Board established by rule 4.
These Rules apply to all officers except the Commissioner and the Deputy Commissioner.
(1) There is hereby established for the Commission a Staff Board, which shall consist of a Chairman, a Secretary and four other members as the Commissioner may appoint.
(2) The members of the Board shall be appointed by the Commissioner and shall hold the office of member for a period of one year.
(1) The functions of the Board shall be to–
(a) advise the Commissioner on matters relating to recruitment, appointment and termination of appointment, promotion, resignation, transfer, discipline and welfare of an officer in the Commission;
(b) advise the Commissioner on the proper usage of transport and other resources in the Commission;
(c) examine the security of the officers of the Commission and recommend appropriate security measures for consideration and implementation by the command; and
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.